Add your square
However you define “community” and “quilt,” we invite you to stitch across the borders in your midst.
The editors are happy to continue piecing together the quilt, if you wish to add to it. The original quilt of 25 squares will remain as first published; new grids will be stitched on below as needed.
Submission collection is ongoing, but the quilt/website will be updated just once a month, at the end of the month. We reserve the right to decline a submission if we believe it does not fit with the intention of the project. Please read ABOUT if you are not sure whether your square does so.
Submissions that do not follow these instructions will not be accepted.
- Your image should be a 300dpi .jpg file sent by email through the "contact us" link below. Include "Unstitched States: [your last name]" in the subject line.
- Your piece needn't be square—you are welcome to decide your own shape.
- Take care how you photograph or scan. Your work can be incredible, but if it isn't captured well, it will get lost in translation.
- Just using the square option on your phone's camera will work, too!
Please include the following information in the email accompanying your submission:
- Your name as you would like it shown
- The title of your square
- The state you live in
- A three-line bio (in a nutshell: your work, where we can find it, your geography, your background)
- Your website address if you have one
Contact us to add your square.